What are Dental Implants?
Dental Implants are a titanium post that is designed to permanently replace your missing teeth. Titanium allows your bone to grow around it making it a very strong foundation to support artificial teeth. It basically allows you to restore missing teeth in the closest manner to having natural teeth, so you can eat and smile confidently.
Why is it important to replace missing teeth?
Once a tooth is extracted, the following problems can begin:
- Difficulty in chewing properly
- The teeth surrounding the gap can move, changing your bite and damaging other teeth
- Without teeth and their roots, the bone holding them simply disappears. This can begin to affect surrounding teeth and the jaw
- Start to change your facial shape, causing wrinkles
- Loss in confidence, especially when the front tooth is missing
Dental Implants can help to minimise these problems.
How do Dental Implants help?
- Preserve facial contours by stimulating and preserving existing bone
- Help maintain appearance
- Allow you to eat what you want, not what you have to
- Are a life-long solution in many cases
- Offer an improved quality of life
- Helps save healthy teeth
What is involved with dental implant placement?
- Initial free consultation to establish your needs
- Comprehensive assessment and planning, including a 3D scan of your jaw, photos and impressions
- Implant placement
- Regular reviews, and once all the healing is done, construction of permanent porcelain teeth